To contact the R&CA Industrial Relations Advice Line, please call 1300 722 878
Restaurant & Catering Australia (R&CA) has compiled a Workplace Relations Fact Sheet with information on frequently asked issues.
R&CA operates as an industrial organisation allowing us to represent you and our industry. R&CA provides current and up to date industrial relations information for its members, including key changes to the Fair Work Act 2009 (Cth), interpretations of Modern Awards, recent case law and other important industrial matters.
Our Policy and Government Team provides general advice on a wide range of employment related matters, including but not limited to:
- Federal and state industrial relations legislation, such as the Fair Work Act 2009 (Cth)
- The National Employment Standards
- Interpretation of Modern Awards
- Wage rates and classification of employees
- Employment Contracts
- Termination of employment, including redundancies
- Workplace policies and procedures, including employer and employee consultations, performance management meetings, internal investigations and disciplinary proceedings
- Occupational health and safety
The R&CA Industrial Relations Advice Line is available for general advice and guidance and, if needed, be put in contact with advisers, who can provide you with detailed, expert legal advice on the following:
1. Specific legal requirements and obligations;
2. Representation before the Fair Work Commission and Courts in more complex matters;
3. Workplace Compliance Audits conducted by the Fair work Ombudsman.
In some circumstances, R&CA may represent you in general protections and/or unfair dismissal conciliation matters before the Fair Work Commission. As part of this service, R&CA will provide to you a free, no obligation, 30 minute case appraisal to better understand your circumstances. R&CA will then offer you a fixed competitive fee of $500.00 (inclusive of GST) for the preparation and representation before the Commission.